After School Clubs, Lunchtime Clubs and External Provisions
Over the course of the year, our children will have the opportunity to participate in a wide range of activities and games that are offered on top of the two PE lessons that they receive in a week. Our Sports Coach and Teachers will run after school clubs throughout the year that provides different activities such as athletics, fitness fun, netball, and football. The school will also use external providers, in a variety of sports and activities to provide more options to our children in order to try and keep our children as active as possible.
What we have done so far;
- i2i Football has delivered after school clubs to KS1 and KS2 in both Football and Dodgeball. They also delivered extra Quicksticks Hockey training to our team during lunchtime.
- EYFS and Year 1 have done Balance Bike training delivered by
- Mr Jeff has offered High 5 Netball activities during lunchtime and also delivered Sportshall Athletics after school clubs
- Nursery have started with Mini Football sessions delivered by Kixx
- Miss Schofield delivers a Running Club to all KS2 on a weekly basis
- Miss Carlyle has delivered a Dance after school club which was then linked to a dance festival where the children performed their routine
- Last year we attended the Brownlee Triathlon Event at York Sports Village. We are looking to attend this event this year as well.
- We had two free sessions delivered to EYFS and KS1 by Elite Kids Coaching, they focused on Dance and Fundamental Fitness
- Every year a golf coach from Selby Golf Club comes in to deliver four Tri-golf sessions to years 3 and 4
All these activities and provisions are additional to the two PE lessons that we deliver to our children on a weekly basis.
Selby Primary School Sports Cluster
Every year we are a part of the Selby Primary School Sports Cluster. The cluster comprises 13 primary schools from around the Selby District area. An events sports calendar is designed every year with various events, festivals, and competitions on which we as a school try to attend as many as possible. The calendar is designed by Mr Jeff, the local SGO Stacey Howard, and PE Leads from schools who are in the sports cluster. The calendar has the following events on it:
- Level 2 Cluster Competitions: These are competition pathways to the next round. The winners of these events qualify for the Level 2 Selby District Finals. If you win this event you qualify to represent Selby District in the Level 3 North Yorkshire Finals.
- Festivals: These are events that are less focused on competition and more focused on aspects such as introducing children to a new skill or sport, engaging less active children, and improving social skills.
English Schools Football Association
In years 5 and 6 both girls and boys will have the opportunity to represent the school playing for the football teams. The girls’ team will be competing in the local cup and the boys will be playing in a league and cup competition against other local schools around the Selby District.